Tuesday 24 January 2012

SWTOR Smuggler Leveling and PVE Builds

Are you playing as a Smuggler in Star Wars : The Old Republic and would like to learn how to properly build your character for leveling and PVE situations? Well if you are looking to create a solid build or just simply to improve on your Smuggler build right now, you have definitely come to the right place.

My name is Connie Heo and I have been playing SWTOR since beta and have been avid about it ever since! I consider myself to be a pretty good SWTOR player and have even helped other players come up with viable builds for different situations.

So I decided to put my experience to use to help more people create viable Smuggler builds for leveling and PVE.

SWTOR Smuggler Gunslinger Leveling and PVE Build

The leveling and PVE spec that I wanted to go for with my Smuggler Gunslinger was AOE attacks. I felt that with AOE attacks, I can easily take on large group of mobs quickly without having too much trouble.

For leveling, I am not much of a one vs one DPS kind of girl because I find that it takes up too much of my time when I am leveling. You may want to try a different spec if you do not favor AOE attacks. My leveling and PVE build that I completed for my Gunslinger is 0/21/20.

This hybrid Smugger Gunslinger build of spec'ing into the Saboteur and Dirty Fighting talent tree allowed me to churn out lots of AOE attacks. On average, I was able to take on 5-6 mobs without any trouble.

I had built a pure Gunslinger spec previously, but it did not work out as well as I expected. This was because I had noticed that NPC's were usually all grouped together and by using this build, I was able to quickly melt the grouped NPC's with my AOE attacks.

Below is a screenshot of my Smuggler Gunslinger leveling and PVE build at level 50.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700ZrIMRoMboZGbrkMbh.1

SWTOR Smuggler Scoundrel Leveling and PVE Build

I found that leveling as a Smuggler Scoundrel worked best for me when I was playing with my friends or in a big party. Keep this in mind as I explain to you my leveling and PVE build for my Scoundrel.

For my Gunslinger, I opted to spec into the Sawbone talent tree and split the remainder of my points into Scrapper and Dirty Fighting talent trees. The main focus of this build was to be a superior healer so that I could have as lots survivability for my teammates and I on the battlefield.The leveling and PVE build I committed to at level 50 with my Scoundrel is 33/3/5.

This build was very useful for my teammates and I in Heroics and Flashpoints. Also, if I wanted to solo mobs, the Sawbone spec build is very viable with a strong tank companion. Below is my completed leveling and PVE build at level 50 for my Scoundrel.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701MffrdGoRzsZ0cZG.1

Do you want more Smuggler builds? Visit: SWTOR Smuggler build

Sources: Live Journal Wetpaint Knol

No comments:

Post a Comment