Tuesday 24 January 2012

SWTOR Jedi Knight PVP Build

Are you playing as a Jedi Knight in Star Wars: The Old Republic and want to learn how to properly build for PVP?

Well if you are looking for the perfect guide, you have come to the right place! I am a fanatic SWTOR player and have been playing this MMORPG since beta. I consider myself to be a solid SWTOR player and have helped other people create viable builds through different forums and websites.

Below, I have outlined multiple builds below that I have successfully used to dominate other players since beta for PVP. So, if you are looking for a nice guide to help you create a stronger Jedi Knight (Sentinel or Guardian) in SWTOR, I will show you how to properly build your talents, skills and stats.

SWTOR Jedi Knight PVP Builds

PVP with the Jedi Knight can be extremely devastating to your opponents if you build your advanced classes properly combined with the right PVP gear.

However keep in mind that doing well in PVP does not 100% rely on how you build your character, although it helps a lot. Doing well in PVP comes down to experience, hot keys, reaction times, strategies and much more.

If you want to learn how to PVP properly in Star Wars: The Old Republic, you will have to look out for another guide (since this is a Jedi Knight build guide). As for this guide goes, I will stick with how to build your Jedi Sentinel or Jedi Guardian for PVP warzone battles.

SWTOR Jedi Knight Sentinel PVP Build

The Jedi Sentinel is one of the best melee classes in the game.

For PVP, I have spec'd into Combat instead of Watchman. The reason I put my points into Combat because I want more burst damage, which is more viable for PvP rather than Watchman, which is for more of a PVE scenario like leveling, questing and raiding.

Combat also allows you to switch between targets quickly and put more pressure on them due to the quick burst, which is really good for group fights. At level 50, my PVP Jedi Sentinel build is 0/37/4.

I have been using this build a lot and I find it to be one of the best and optimal PVP builds for my Jedi Knight Sentinel. Below is a screenshot of my completed skill tree at level 50.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501ZGGbrddrRrsZMM.1

SWTOR Jedi Knight Guardian PVP Build

Depending on how you would like to play your Jedi Knight Guardian, you can either put more points into Defense for more of a tank on the warzone or Vigilance if you want to do more damage. At level 50, my PVP build for my Jedi Guardian is 0/37/4.

This build may seem strange to you, but my goal was to use Soresu Form, which will allow me to use Guard on my teammate, while still enabling me to go around the warzone dealing heavy damage and pressure to healers and get kills.

You might ask how is the sustainability in the warzone from this build since I do not have much points in Defense, but you will be surprised at how sustainable your Jedi Guardian can be with Unremitting, Protector and Commanding Awe alone.

From my screenshot, You may have noticed that I did not have any points in Shien and you might wonder if you will lose out on defense and guard. However, from my experience, if you are used to Force Management, you will do perfectly fine in PVP with your Jedi Knight Guardian.

Below is the screenshot of my completed PVP skill/talent tree at level 50.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500ZcGrRruddGRZMM.1

Are you looking for more Jedi Knight Builds? Visit: SWTOR Jedi Knight Builds

Sources: Knol Wetpaint Live Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment