Tuesday 24 January 2012

SWTOR Jedi Consular DPS Builds

Are you playing as the Jedi Consular in Star Wars : The Old Republic and want to learn how to properly build your advanced classes for DPS?

Well if you are looking for a viable build guide, you have definitely come to the right place! I have been playing SWTOR since beta and have been addicted to this MMORPG ever since!I consider myself to be very involved in the SWTOR community and have been helping people create viable and solid builds on different forums and websites.

Below, I have outlined solid builds that I and other people have used to successfully used for DPS.

Having the proper build for DPS when playing as a Jedi Consular can be a very detrimental force in any situation. A solid and viable build will allow you to melt enemies before they even reach you with your high powered ranged attacked combined with CC's.

However, you must keep in mind to constantly be mobile when going for a DPS build, so that enemies will not focus you down quickly since you do not have as much defense. Below, I have outlined viable DPS builds for both the Jedi Consular Sage and Jedi Consular Shadow.

SWTOR Jedi Consular Sage DPS Build

I did a lot of experimenting with the Jedi Consular Sage DPS build before finally settling on a viable build that suited my play style well. The DPS build that I settled on with my Jedi Sage was a split between the Telekinetic and Balance talent tree. This is more of an AOE focused build rather than a pure one vs one DPS build.

This allowed me to target multiple targets and keep constant pressure on all of my opponents at once. My completed DPS build for my Jedi Sage is 7/15/19. Keep in mind that this DPS build for my Jedi Sage is built around my own play style and might not necessarily be well suited for you.

It makes me happy to know that I am able to hit 350k-400k DPS on average and even a couple of 500k with this DPS Jedi Consular Sage build. Below is a screenshot of my DPS build at level 50 for my Sage.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hMbZfc0rzMZcrbRsMz.1

SWTOR Jedi Consular Shadow DPS Build

I have seen many different types of DPS builds for the Jedi Consular Shadow. However, the two most common builds that I have seen to do high damage is the pure DPS build and the hybrid DPS/Tank build.

I have tested both of these builds out for myself and enjoy playing as a pure Jedi Shadow DPS instead of the hybrid. The pure DPS build that I settled on for my Jedi Shadow is 5/33/3.

By spec'ing into the Infiltration talent tree, you will be doing the most damage than any other talent trees. I played around with the Infiltration talent tree a bit before finding out that the build of 5/33/3 does the most damage of any of the Shadow specs that I have used.

There is another DPS build that I found that works best if you want to target opponents with low armor and low health. The DPS build for squishy targets is 2/31/8. Below is a screenshot of a pure DPS build for my Jedi Shadow at level 50.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601McZhGMRkGMrtzZc.1

Want more Jedi Consular builds? Visit: SWTOR Jedi Consular Builds

Sources: Knol Wetpaint Live Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment