Tuesday 24 January 2012

SWTOR Smuggler DPS Build

Are you playing as a Smuggler in Star Wars : The Old Republic and would like to learn how to properly build your character for DPS? Well if you are looking to create a solid build or just simply to improve on your Smuggler build right now, you have definitely come to the right place.

My name is Connie Heo and I have been playing SWTOR since beta and have been avid about it ever since! I consider myself to be a pretty good SWTOR player and have even helped other players come up with viable builds for different situations.

So I decided to put my experience to use to help more people create viable Smuggler builds for DPS.

SWTOR Smuggler DPS Builds

DPS or damage per second is very important in solo or team fights. The more DPS you have, the quicker and more pressure you can put on enemies. By creating a solid and viable DPS build for the Smuggler can be very powerful and devastating towards your enemies.

The reason for this is because due to the combination of your ranged attacks and damage output, you will be able to melt enemies quickly before they even get a chance to reach you.

Below I have outlined viable DPS builds for both Smuggler Gunslinger and Smuggler Scoundrel. Be sure to take a look at them and try them out yourself.

SWTOR Smuggler Gunslinger DPS Build

The Smuggler Gunslinger is extremely fun to play when you go for a pure DPS build. For this DPS build to happen, I opted to spec into the Sharpshooter tree and put the remaining few points into my Saboteur and Dirty Fighting talent trees.

My DPS build for my Gunslinger at level 50 is 33/5/3.

I found that this build worked best with a tank companion. However, I experimented going a DPS companion as well and to my surprise that worked out quite well too. My high DPS was able to take out 4-5 opponents without even having to use my AOE abilities while soloing on the battlefield.

So, it really depends on your play style when you choose which companion to pair up with your DPS Gunslinger build. Below is a screenshot of my completed DPS build for my Gunslinger at level 50.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700rsrddRoRgzZbcZh.1

SWTOR Smuggler Scoundrel DPS Build

In my opinion, the Smuggler Scoundrel is the second best advanced class for DPS compared to the Smuggler Gunslinger. However, I have seen many people do very well as DPS since beta. It took me a while to come up with a viable and solid DPS build for my Smuggler Scoundrel. So please take some time to try it out before you critique it.

The DPS build that I finally settled on for my Scoundrel is 7/31/3.

This build focuses stealth and and high mobility. The reason why we want to have the most mobility as possible is because our most high damaging attacks are only within melee range, while our range attacks are basic and do little to none damage.

However, with our stealth abilities paired with our mobility, we will be to get up close and personal with our enemies and punch their faces off! Below is a screenshot of the completed DPS build for my Scoundrel at level 50.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701bfZGhModkrffzZoM.1

Do you want more Smuggler builds? Visit: SWTOR Smuggler build

Sources: Knol Wetpaint Live Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment