Tuesday 24 January 2012

SWTOR Bounty Hunter DPS Builds

Are you playing as a Bounty Hunter in Star Wars: The Old Republic and want to learn how to build your advanced class properly for DPS? If you want a quick guide to show you solid builds, you have definitely come to the right place!

My name is Connie Heo and I have been addicted to SWTOR ever since beta. I consider myself to be a solid SWTOR player and have been using these builds to help me dominate my enemies quickly and easily.

I have even helped other people create viable builds through different forums and websites along the way! So, in this guide I will show you multiple builds that will allow you to effectively dominate your enemies for DPS.

Building the proper DPS build for your Bounty Hunter will enable you to tear through enemy mobs or PVP other players quickly and easily.

DPS builds can be both created for each advanced class of the Bounty Hunter. However, it is obvious that the Bounty Hunter Mercenary far surpasses the Bounty Hunter Powertech in damage output per second.

With that said, you are still able to create a nice DPS build for your Powertech, but it would most likely be a hybrid of DPS paired up with its natural tanking abilities.

Below, I have outlined DPS builds for both the Mercenary and Powertech. These builds should do well in almost any situation you may encounter in SWTOR.

SWTOR Bounty Hunter Mercenary DPS Build

The Bounty Hunter Mercenary in SWTOR excels at DPS. This advanced class is able to deal heavy damage to incoming enemies and maneuver around the battlefield quickly to keep constant pressure on enemies.

To create a pure DPS build for my Mercenary, I spec'd into the Arsenal talent tree. After experimenting with both the Arsenal and Powertech tree, I found that the Arsenal talent tree gave me the most sustained DPS on average.

The build that I concluded on at level 50 is 7/31/3. This DPS build allowed me to a huge amount of damage output due to the high Accuracy and Critical Damage. Keep in mind to always have good heat management when you are using this build.

High DPS builds like this for the Mercenary can give you heat very quickly. If you cannot manage your heat well, you will be standing on the battlefield using default attack rendering you useless to solo or team play.

Below is a screenshot of my completed build at level 50.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300McMZMIkbordRkfzZc.1

SWTOR Bounty Hunter Powertech DPS Build

Although the Bounty Hunter Powertech isn't a natural at DPS, you can still create a build to do some fairly decent damage to your enemies or mobs.

For my Powertech, I spec'd the majority of my points into Advanced Prototype while sending a few points to Shield Tech and even less to Pyrotech. The reason for this is because I feel that Advanced Prototype deals much more damage than the Pryotech tree from my experience. My completed build at level 50 is 8/31/2.

This DPS build emphasizes on good damage output combined with nice AOE attacks, CC and interrupts. You can tweak this build to your liking a bit if you want more sustainability on the battlefield by adding your talent points into armor.

Below is my completed DPS build for my Powertech at level 50.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZrsMdRrfozsZb.1

Want more Bounty Hunter builds? Visit: SWTOR Bounty Hunter builds

Sources: Knol Wetpaint Live Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment